Friday, July 5, 2013

June Makeup Favorites and Regrets

This month I found some great products...and some not so great ones. Check out what they are below!


These aren't in any particular order, just as I found them in my makeup drawer!

- Regret number 1- Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer...err I guess it's for your face, no where on the packaging does it say otherwise...

My number one problem with this was the texture. It was SO greasy. I already have pretty oily skin, so needless to say this didn't help at all. I also noticed that it almost repelled my makeup- my foundation brush just glided right over it without depositing any product- that's a no no. Oh, and it doesn't smell very pretty either! (I'm not sure the price)

-Regret number 2- Revlon Photoready BB Cream (or should we say foundation)


I really don't "regret" buying this per se. I just don't really like how heavy the coverage was, especially for a BB cream. This formula definitely isn't lightweight. I will definitely use it when I need the heavy coverage that it offers, but when it comes to BB creams I look for a soft, almost sheer coverage product. I do think the shades they offer are great though, the Medium shade matched my skin to a T. $7.00 at HEB

Those were my only two regrets for June! Now on to the favorites!

-Favorite number 1- CoverGirl Intense Shadow Blast (in Bulletproof Beige)



This stuff is GREAT! I really didn't think I would like it, since I'm not really much of one for shadow/primer combos, I feel like sometimes when you combine two key ingredients like that you can skimp on the quality of the formulas. I absolutely love using this as a base for almost any smokey eye look, and the primer actually works really well at clinging on to your shadow all day. I need to go purchase the other colors! $6.00 at any drugstore

-Favorite number 2- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

This product almost speaks for itself. It's a great setting spray that will help keep your foundation looking freshly-applied all day. I also purchased De Slick for oily skin, but have found that both have the same effect on my skin! Totally worth your while to pick up one of these. 14$ at Ulta

-Favorite number 3- "They're Real" Mascara by Benefit

 
I actually picked this up by accident at a Sephora over my vacation (it was the birthday sample set)- and boy am I glad I did! I'm already almost out of this stuff, and I need to go pick up the full size. The formula is great and non-clumpy. The applicator is as well, and it really reminds me of the Armani "Eyes to Kill", yes, it's THAT good. It came in a kit with the Watts Up! Brow and cheek highlighter- it was OK, but not something my Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencil in the same shade couldn't do. Free for me from Sephora :)

-Favorite number 4- NYX Pot Concealer in green and yellow


These two little things will forever be a must-have in my makeup kit- and to think I picked them up for only 4 bucks a piece! These concealers are great for summer, and here's why: In the summer, everyone goes out in the sun, either at the beach, the pool, or even watering the garden. Butttt, Sun + Skin + being out a little too long = red, splotchy skin. The perfect blend of yellow and green help to balance out those too pink cheeks and foreheads and neutralize your skin tone. They aren't as thick and heavy duty as my Hard Candy Glamoflauge, but this mostly just helps to even out the tone of your skin. I'll do another post on how to cover up sunburn/ pink skin. $4.00 each at Ulta

And last, but not least, favorite number 5-

Hawaiian Tropic Moisturizing After-Sun Lotion in Lime Coolada

This stuff is
great- not only the smell, but the effects as well! Not only does this moisturize your sun-baked skin, but by doing that it helps to prolong your tan and that beautiful summer glow. I picked this up for $8.00 at Ulta.

            Thanks so much for checking this post out- stay tuned! Much more to come.

XOX, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment