Saturday, July 6, 2013

How to: Making Super Glitter Eyeshadow

So, this past week I did a lot of cleaning and organizing through my makeup. I found a little pot of glitter liquid eye shadow from Icing that I've probably had laying around for a while now. The clear section in the middle of the pot actually was gone...pretty ghetto haha.










I also ran across a little bag of iridescent glitter I had ordered from Etsy for another project that I had never gotten around to. So then the little light bulb came on...why not combine the two and come out with a mega glitter eye shadow?!







So, for starters, you'll need some sort of liquid or gel eyeshadow, preferably clear with some sort of glitter inside. Mine was from Icing in the shade Twinkle Twinkle. Next, you need a pot to deposit your new shadow in, I chose a small clear one I got in a pack of six from Hobby Lobby for pretty cheap. (I also use them to deposit my NYX Jumbo Pencils) This part  is honestly up to you. I was forced to get a new container since my original was broken, but if you feel more comfortable keeping it in the original, feel free.
 
 
Next, you'll need a tool to scrape and mix your product. I chose a small two-sided sponge from one of my makeup kits; I never use those. You then want to proceed to scrape the product from it's original container into the new one. (Skip this step if you chose to keep the original container)
 
 
 



I then added my glitter. I didn't want to go overboard and risk drying out the gel. I just filled the small hole to the left of the container and thinly covered the top.

 
 
Now, mix the products thoroughly; You don't want any glitter clumps bursting when you put this on your eyes! You also don't want it clumpy in general- make sure you get it as smooth as you can.
These are the two swatches of the products. The one on the left is the new mixture, and the one on the right is the old. 
 
 



Thanks so much for checking this post out! There will definitely more to come. If you like this type of DIY makeup leave a comment below and let me know if you would like to see more of it. Also, if you have any tips for DIY eye shadows let me know in the comments below!

                                                                                              XOX, Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment